Lead Paragraph is a Page Section Component in the Faculty and Department theme.
The Lead Paragraph Page Section displays a large, punchy introductory paragraph or ‘lead’ for your web page. Because it’s so large, the recommended length for a lead paragraph is 2-3 sentences.
One of the most commonly used components, it is used at the top of the high-profile pages of your website such as the homepage and landing pages.
The Lead Paragraph Page Section consists of one large text field.
When viewed on mobile devices, the Lead Paragraph font size will be reduced.
How to add a Lead Paragraph Page Section
- Add a New Page Section
- Choose Lead Paragraph Page Section.
- Add your Paragraph Text
- Click Preview to often to test your Lead Paragraph. Make edits as necessary.
- Publish/Update when ready to go live.
Do’s and Don’ts
- BE CONCISE. Fewer words are more powerful for this component.
- A Lead Paragraph should lead into the rest of your content. Always place it at the top of your page.
- Do not use more than one Lead Paragraph on one page as they will compete for user attention.
- Do not use ALL CAPITALIZED TEXT in your Lead Paragraph.
- BE CONCISE!