We offer support and training to help you work with our CMS. If you would like to request 1-on-1 or group training, submit a ticket in UBC Self Service Portal to contact us.
Main Topics Covered
1. Introduction to WordPress
For new users of WordPress or those that would like a basic refresher, we provide a basic overview of content management, then get you up-and-running with:
- How to log into your WordPress site
- Viewing and changing personal information
- Navigating the system
- Site hierarchy (the parent-child relationship)
- WordPress Dashboard
- Creating and adding links
- Internal links, external links, anchor links, and links to digital assets
2. The WordPress Dashboard
Together we can take a closer look at the functions of the Visual Editor (and some of its quirks).
- Formatting headings and text
- Removing unwanted spaces and lines using HTML ‘clean-up’ tools
- Page layout options
- Publishing options and statuses
3. Managing Digital Assets
The WordPress Media Library allow users to easily upload, link, and track images and documents.