Mega Icons are large link target areas that consists of an icon image, title text, optional description text. Mega Icons can be made in sets of 1 (100% width), 2 (50/50), 3 (33/33/33), or 4 (25/25/25/25) buttons across.
Icon images have a consistent height and should use the UBC Primary Blue. For custom icon designs, please inquire with University Relations.
How to use this component
- Add a single column row to a page section
- Click Add Component
- Click Mega Icons button
- Click Add Mega Icon button
- Choose or upload a transparent PNG icon
- Add Title Text, Description Text, and Link
- Choose the size of the icon. Important Note: each row should not exceed 100%
- For best results, choose row combinations that equal 100%, for instance 2 x 50%, or 3 x 33%, etc.
Do’s and don’ts
- BE CONCISE. As with most website related content, the phrase “Less is More” is important to keep in mind.
- Pay attention to character and word counts, try to be consistent throughout all Mega Icons.
- When using Mega Icons, pay close attention to the word count for your Titles and Description Text. Try to keep the titles short and keeping it to 1 line. If one of your titles is breaking to 2 lines long, make the others 2 lines as well or reduce it to 1 line. This same idea applies with the description text. Try to keep it to no more than 2-3 lines long and keep the lengths even. Otherwise, the boxes will show up with different heights.
- Much like the Mega Buttons Component, the ideal usage of this component is placement after the main content at the bottom of a page and on top of a default white background.
- Do not exceed 100% combined item width per row. For instance if you add 4 mega icons each with 33% width, that would exceed 100% total width.
The Mega Icon component is available in the Single column row only on the Faculty and Department theme.